Friday, February 29, 2008

Blogger

So I am officially embracing the world of blogging. I have never really been into this, but thought I would share my journey to the Baby House with my friends.

On May 29th I will leave for Mozambique to work with Pieter, Rika and their team at the Baby House for about 9 weeks. I have a huge passion for children who have been orphaned or abandoned. This is an opportunity for me to act on passion. On some level I am not quite sure what to expect, but what I do know is that I can love these children well and that I can be open to whatever else comes my way. I am very ready to live out passion.

Stay tuned...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love my sister and I'm very happy she's going to Mozambique! I know you love orphan/abandoned babies, and I can testify that you do indeed have a passion for them- I remember when we were in a "cafe" over Christmas and you were telling me all about your upcoming trip. I'm excited for you and I'm thankful to God for giving you your loving heart! And for leading you to love and care for those children!

Anonymous said...

Yes! I look forward to your journey to Africa and your journey in the world of blogging - I'll be anxiously following both.

Anonymous said...

just wondering how all of your planning is going - passport/visa/shots?!?!?! all that would make interesting reading too! love ya, marmie

annaelyse said...

i just linked your blog from mine, which means that i'll probs check it like 5 times a day when i'm bored at work. awesome!

Crystal Miller said...

I can't wait to keep up with you on your Mozambique adventure! I miss you and want to see you before you go!

Anonymous said...

hi christie!! i'm sure you are counting the weeks - glad to hear you 'survived' all your shots! you must know many are praying for you in these last weeks of preparation.....with love & many blessings in the lord........marmalade

Anonymous said...

God bless you in your endeavors and may your journey be all you hope it will be. Travel safe and let us know what you're up to. "Auntie" Anne in Chicago

Carrody said...

Yeah! I am so excited to get your blog spot!!! And even more excited to see what God does through you in Mozambique!